At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Team Lead, Technology Delivery to join their Digital Catalog team! This team of 5 is responsible for the development, quality, delivery and maintenance of our digital Content Management System, pricing systems and product feeds. Reporting to the Manager of Technology Delivery, the Team Lead plays a vital role in all aspects of delivery. You will also be involved in planning, designing, building and supporting the latest and greatest features.
- Build high quality, scalable software using jvm based languages (java/groovy/kotlin) using development best practices
- Be aware of the latest changes and trends in Agile software development process frameworks. Work with peers and management to try new approaches, suggest improvements.
- Mentor Junior members of the team, provide advise and guidance to help solve any technical problems. Proactively participate in code reviews and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with Product team and stakeholders to take an initiative from conception to Production
- Maximize delivery value taking in all considerations such as Business needs, System and code health and team’s capacity
- Work with other delivery team leaders to ensure smooth cross-team collaboration on larger projects
- Several years software development experience in one or more JVM based general purpose programming languages, preferably Java.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
- SOLID Principles and Practices, IoC & TDD.
- Experience in dealing with multi-threaded scenarios and concurrency issues in code, as well as experience in working on high-performance software
- Experience with message bus technologies, pub-sub systems and Web/REST APIs.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in CI/CD and different testing strategies and techniques (Unit, Integration, UI tests).
- Working knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Strong understanding of code branching strategies, complex merges and continuous integration practices.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and new technologies as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a distributed team environment.
- Computer Science / Engineering Degree OR equivalent experience.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Agile practices, familiarity with agile SDLC methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Experience leading an agile development team.
- DevOps exposure/experience
- Experience with shell scripts and Python
- Toronto, ON
- Remote -Canada