At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Sr Consultant/ Tech lead (System Design), Application Development who will be responsible for the design and development of major initiatives. As a Senior Consultant/ Technical Lead (System Design), Application Development, you will work closely with various delivery teams and vendors on large scale cross team solutions. The focus of the role is on the full end-to-end design of complex solutions and ensuring cross team and cross application dependencies are understood and effectively managed during the project lifecycle.
- Design & Develop: Lead the development and analysis of options and to make recommendations for senior project sponsors. Conduct cross-LOB reviews of high-level designs, change requests, and technical issues for the development and implementation of solutions for the assigned initiatives. Provide technical guidance to application development teams and consult on integration and conversion activities. Recommend redesign or redevelopment when required.
- Solution Design: Promote awareness and understanding of solutions being proposed by attending project and program meetings, influencing planning, designing, leading and facilitating forums and discussions with business partners, designers, architects, developers and vendors as needed
- Strong Leadership – Provide leadership and operational/professional management for cross-functional and cross-LOB technology team leads in the development, review, and delivery of design artifacts that give vision, direction, guidance and governance for assigned initiative
- Stakeholder Management: Establish and maintain key relationships with senior stakeholders within the project organization to ensure the effectiveness and value of the role and virtual team. Ensure that all stakeholders are consulted and informed of all significant architecture and design decisions. This will include senior technology and business leaders responsible for this large complex program.
- You can demonstrate : More than 10 years of experience with design and development, with at least 2-3 years hands-on experience in system design, development and implementation of large cross team technical solutions. You will have a deep understanding of common design patterns for both batch and real-time integrations including: SOAP/XML webservices, REST/JSON APIs, Event / Queue Driven Messaging. Experience with leading large projects in system to system integration technology. It is an asset if you have experience in Cards/Banking industry.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work to deliver your best.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work, and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Toronto, ON