At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Consultant, Application Development who will be responsible for leading the functional design and development of application systems across all technologies and platforms. The role provides consultation for senior management on a wide spectrum of existing and emerging infrastructure technologies, translating user requirements to process and data requirements and developing solutions for the business with far-reaching impact.
- Relationship Development and Management – You understand that getting things done takes collaboration across several teams, and you are someone who enjoys working with others and building relationships with people of all levels in order to collaborate with a focus on shared success. Develop relationships as required to help ensure we provide the right level of service to the EAMLT team, vendor, technology and business partners.
- Design & Develop : Provide comprehensive senior level technical consulting to senior IT management and technical teams, working closely with multiple Technology groups and LOBs to identify and evaluate existing applications and determine the best and most relevant approaches and next steps.
- Technical Solutions: Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints for enterprise payments systems including payments originating channels, Payment Services Hubs, Payment Engines and Payment rails. Analyze the viability of solutions to meet product timelines, budget and quality. Present the solution to different stakeholders as needed.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical design and act as the lead designer for the program. Support business by helping drive solutions that meet the business goals and strategies.
- Communication – Excellent verbal and writing skills to effectively articulate ideas and opinions that involve analysis, processes, and technology solutions to others with different disciplinary backgrounds. Ability to produce a variety of presentations and roadmaps that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation
- Solution design – Assemble client-focused solutions that meet business requirements. Prepare and validate solution design documents around areas such as scope clarification, solution requirements, and quality assurance.
- You can demonstrate experience: minimum of 3-6 years as a Solution or Technical Architect/Consultant. You have excellent knowledge of various types of technologies, deeply aware of new trends and new industry tech stacks.
- You have experience of providing guidance to technical teams, creating executive decks independently and are well versed at presenting to project teams as well as executives. Experience working with business and architecture teams to develop and design technology solutions is essential to this role.
- Ideally, you have progressed through application development, analysis and design Solid experience with a variety of technologies/frameworks including event-driven architecture, REST APIs, microservice architecture, CI/CD processes, DevOps pipelines, etc. Product & Domain knowledge Fintech, digital banking, and Payments.
- You have a degree / diploma in : Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or Technical discipline; a Master’s degree or a PHD would be an asset.
- It’s an asset if : Having Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) experience and understanding of real time and batch architectures.
- Nice to have: Familiar with Anti-Money Laundering Sanction Screening.
- Toronto, Ontario