At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer to join their team!
- Take ownership of product solutions end-to-end by utilizing a variety of systems and technologies
- Build new and enhance existing product capabilities for internal and external users
- Solve complex problems and write scalable and efficient software
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other developers to drive our product to the next level
- Contribute to code reviews, technical architecture, design documentations, and solving technical issues
- Knowledge of our full-stack technologies is highly preferred – Ruby on Rails, React, Typescript, GraphQL
- Strong understanding of scalable system design for web-based APIs and backend processing systems
- Strong problem solving skills in data structures, algorithms, and code optimization
- Ability to identify and tackle areas that may produce technical debt, to ensure code quality
- Experience working with relational databases and key-value stores
- Experience with test-driven development
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with one or more elements of our tech stack: Ruby on Rails, React, GraphQL, Go
- An understand of programmatic advertising and the ad-tech space
- Remote – Canada
- Toronto, ON