At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer 2 to join their Marketing Technology Engineering team.
- Successful delivery of high-quality web or mobile software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Roughly 80-95% hands-on coding
- Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience developing web, software, or mobile applications.
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application.
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- An understanding of unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- “Self-starter”” attitude and ability to make decisions independently.
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems.
- Strong desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding partnership skills.
- Mississauga, ON