Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, or Winnipeg.
Canada Life’s Technology Risk Management 2nd Line of Defence team:
If you are passionate about new and emerging Technology and are seeking an opportunity to develop a career within the field of Risk Management, we would love to meet you!
A career within Technology Risk Management will provide you an opportunity to assist clients with performing assessments and provide solutions to help them prevent, detect and monitor technology risks.
As part of our growing team, you will be one of our subject matter experts who will share your technical knowledge and will be willing to continue to learn as new and emerging technologies enter our business. You will work with a larger team of technology risk professionals who ensure that our business effectively captures, identifies, evaluates, responds to, and reports on risk.
What you will do
- Support the awareness of Canada Life’s risk-taking philosophy by promoting practices that align with our Risk Management polices, standards and appetite
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies being deployed and be excited to learn new technologies and risk management practices
- Participate in workshops to provide oversight and advice for risk assessments including: Risk and Control Assessments, Initiative and Compliance Risk Assessments, Risk Indicators, Risk Opinions, and Scenarios
- Provide effective oversight and challenge of technology risk identification and measurement
- Provide monitoring and oversight of the technology risk and control environment
- Contribute as a key member of the Technology Risk Management team in ensuring the group adds value to the company while operating efficiently and effectively
- Share ideas and innovative approaches for effective risk oversight and monitoring
- Support other technology risk management projects and activities as required
What you will bring
- Experience within the field of technology risk and compliance
- A combination of training and/or experience with one or more technologies such as Cloud, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Infrastructure, Data Analytics, Information Security, etc.
- Excellent business writing and communication skills, with a great attention to detail
- Ability to aggregate and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to build a strong rapport with business teams and build consensus
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities under time pressure without compromising quality
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment – being a self-starter, results oriented, and highly motivated while being effective in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- One or more of the following would be considered an asset:
o College Diploma in Risk Management and/or Computer Science
o Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
o Accreditations such as CRISC, CISSP, CRM, CSX-P, CDPSE, MS – Azure Fund, MS – Azure Data Scientist Associate