At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute to the overall success of the company ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide guidance and advice for day-to-day software development, as well as the interfacing and integration with other external development teams
- Train and mentor junior engineers to further develop competencies and skills
- Participate in requirements meetings with product teams, business teams, and customers to propose usable designs and solutions
- Create implementation plans from requirements and designs that the rest of the team can implement
- Implement solutions from team's designs
- Support our teams with the evolution of software architecture, and in designing the Engineering Roadmap
- Plan, introduce, and contribute to the implementation of larger architectural changes
- Help in technical requirements analysis and effort estimation
- Communicating and explaining designs to the engineers from both inside and outside of the team
- Lead and organize Agile ceremonies such as planning, grooming, retro, demo, and scrums
- Contribute clear, tested, and maintainable code to a shared codebase
- Documentation: updating and creating documents for team and customers
- Object Oriented Programming: Java or similar (5+ years experience)
- Experience working with Cloud Services: Azure, GCP, or AWS (3+ years experience)
- Experience with holistic DevOps and system design
- Experience with DevOps tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, ArgoCD, Argo Workflow, CI/CD
- Experience of Design Patterns and Best Engineering Practices
- Experience working with database (5+ years experience)
- Toronto, ON