At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Senior Developer to join their travel platform and homepage team.
- Keep business travelers happy and productive while giving companies visibility and control
- Build a compelling homepage experience for 60 million users that is fast and always available
- Collaborate within and across teams to develop software end-to-end: elaborating requirements, coding features and automated tests, scripting automated deployments, validating correctness and performance, and troubleshooting and resolving production problems.
- Implement automation and monitoring of services to minimize response times to service degradation.
- Partner with product management and user experience teams to design user-centric solutions to simplify corporate travel management.
- Investigate and solve critical customer issues.
- Mentor junior team members through code reviews, feature reviews and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Passion for solving technical computer problems by writing actual working code.
- Curiosity and desire to understand the root cause of each problem encountered.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work adeptly in a big codebase: figuring out, debugging and improving code not written by yourself.
- Linux and shell scripting, Windows and powershell scripting, Git, devops, continuous deployments, zero-downtime techniques
- Cloud-native architecture (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm, Envoy, Vault)
- AWS experience with tools including EKS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, RDS, Dynamo
- SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres), NoSQL data stores (Redis, Couchbase, Memcached)
- Networking (TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancing), concurrent programming (coroutines, actors, threads), encryption (SSL/TLS, JWT), cybersecurity, CDNs (Akamai, CloudFront), performance monitoring (Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience working in an agile, live site culture which practices frequent deployments and automation of everything including infrastructure buildout, deployments, and tests
- Vancouver, BC