Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.?
Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are looking for a Flow Manager (a.k.a. Service Delivery Manager, Flow Master, etc.) for an Agile team that uses the Kanban method.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Canada Life is embarking on a transformation that will change the way we work and how we help our customers. In Group Customer Technology, we are designing, coding and delivering new products and services improving the lives of millions of Canadians. We are changing the way a trusted institution operates by acting as a start-up, bringing human centered design, Agile and modern web development practices to life. Our multi-functional teams of Designers, Developers, Testers, Scrum Masters, Flow Managers and Product Owners all huddle together because we have an open, innovative and inclusive culture which is focused on us – talented individuals.
As a Flow Manager, you employ servant leadership to coach and support the team in agile product development and delivery methods. You teach and coach the team on Agile practices and principles. You will facilitate and/or support Kanban cadences (meetings), coach the team on getting the most out of the Kanban method and help the team to remove impediments. You will support transparency through clear communication and help foster collaboration and understanding between the Product Owner/business stakeholders and the team. Additionally, as the Flow Manager you will be coaching team members on continuous process improvements and goals, focusing on the achievement of excellent results whilst building and nurturing a trusting and safe environment.?
What you will do
- Organize and guide the team on how to use Kanban and Agile practices and methodologies
- Support Product Owner/business partners on release planning and removal of impediments
- Foster collaboration across all team members, encouraging cross-training and mutual support
- Guide and coach those outside the Kanban Team to understand which interactions with the Kanban Team are helpful and which are not
- Foster self-organization and growth within the team
- Reinforce Agile mindset in teams through conversations, coaching, and role-playing exercises
- Create the consciousness that the service team is delivering a service to identified customers
- Ensure that flow metrics are collected
- Facilitate the workflow Kanban Meeting
- Facilitate the understanding of customer requests
- Facilitate the resolution of blockers, rework and aging WIP-related issues that are escalated from the service team
What you will bring
- A couple of years of experience as a Flow Manager or Agile Coach, during which you coached teams on Agile and Kanban practices and ensure alignment to Agile mindset
- Demonstrate ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
- Proven knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFeor any other tricks up your sleeve to guide and optimize the way the team works to allow Sprints to be completed on time
- Past development team member experience is preferred (development, design, testing)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace