At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Product Designer to join their UX Design team. Reporting to the Director of UX Design the Product Designer plays a vital role in delivering amazing product design capabilities and features to their users, bringing them closer to the company goal of enabling people anywhere in the world to read more. Their products are designed by readers, dedicated to readers. They are focused on crafting the best experience possible for all people, all languages, and all devices. The Product Designer will be responsible for contributing to design strategy, leadership, planning, and creativity.
- Working alongside various practices such as architects, developers, researchers, analysts, product management, and scrum.
- Opportunity to work on multiple platforms such as the eReader, Apps, and Responsive Web.
- Regularly interact with users through interviews and usability testing to discover opportunities for innovation within the product area.
- Understanding the problem space, and working with the product team to sketch, prototype and quickly test potential solutions.
- Helping the product team prioritize user problems that link to their objectives to build a problem-based roadmap.
- Contribute to the design vision of a multi-year product roadmap
- Contribute on how to integrate customer centric research findings into product design decisions
- Contribute on how to ensure the agile teams’ understanding of the WHY and building of the WHAT
- Contribute to and facilitate stakeholder workshops to drive opportunity understanding and gap analysis
- Contribute to user opportunity mapping and how it provides business value
- Contribute to product design discovery and definition techniques
- Contribute to user stories and design acceptance criteria
- Contribute on how to measure product design release outcomes
- Contribute to design optimization user stories
- Contribute on how to evolve our design centric culture by focusing on user intent, user needs, and shareholder value
- Contribute on how to build a best in class design system and component library
- Contribute to our design artifacts, the status quo and competitive benchmarks
- Minimum 3-4 years experience as product designer, UX designer, information architect, interaction designer, or visual designer
- High proficiency with Figma
- A portfolio demonstrating artifacts such as taxonomies, flowcharts, wireframes, interaction design specs, visual design, journey maps, personas, and prototypes
- Ability to articulate and rationalize your concepts or process through white-boarding
- Ability to facilitate stakeholder workshops and enable collaboration
- Interest in qualitative user research and testing methodologies to help conduct studies, create protocols and present findings in an agile environment
- Extensive experience designing for multiple form factors and platforms such as iOS, Android, and responsive web
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience working in eReading, ecommerce, entertainment, and software environments
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment, using an iteration backlog, and comfort being part of a product development team
- Awareness of the capabilities of react.js, html, and css
- Toronto, ON