At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer who will work with developers to develop and maintain services for use in both internal and external applications. They are looking for top notch software engineers who are great team players and obsessive about the quality of their code and delivered service. This role requires someone who can roll up their sleeves while developing their future career opportunities.
- Work with product owners to understand business requirements
- Lead code reviews
- Deliver small to medium-sized well-defined tasks; Working individually or pairing with others
- Be part of 2 to 3 teams journey creating new services and customer-facing applications using the latest technologies which will shape the future of banking; Develop and support highly scalable, high performance APIs within an Agile development team
- Ensure high code quality through automated unit and functional testing
- Automate processes within the development pipeline; identify opportunities for efficiency gains and reducing time-to-market, and enabling continuous delivery
- Design and develop code structures based on technical design defined by the team
- Work within an Agile product team comprised of technical, product and business team members to deliver exceptional products
- Actively seek out knowledge about new technologies and how they can be used to solve current and foreseeable challenges
- Excellent communication including the ability to distill technical details into human terms
- 5+ years’ experience with Java EE, IBM WebSphere, DB2, JSP, Struts, Angular 7+, Java 8, REST API/Micro services, Spring Framework (MVC, Security, JPA, Boot) Maven, SQL
- Knowledge of developing scalable Java EE applications with a combination of distributed cloud applications (IBM WebSphere, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Openshift, Docker)
- Hands on experience leading design, development, testing and troubleshooting of large scale online and batch applications as well as RESTful API and interface specifications (Swagger, RAML, SOAP)
- Knowledge of security gateways and protocols (JWT, Oauth2.0, SSL Certificates)
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing; Experience with code merging and branching methodologies using Git and code release process
- Knowledge of web-based application architectures and frameworks (including JSP, Struts, Angular or React) and the way it integrates with services
- Micro-service design and implementation (load balancing, discovery, resiliency)
- Knowledge of Kafka, MySQL, Non-relational databases, Caching
- Knowledge of major architectures style (message oriented, reactive, event based)
- Toronto, ON