At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a iOS Engineer who will build products on a variety of platforms and digital mediums, including web and mobile apps, wearables, and other custom hardware. They are passionate about teaching and learning while creating durable, testable code with a relentless commitment to product quality.
- Create robust, well-tested code to implement impactful software features
- Provide technical leadership by defining technical solution architecture, ensuring code is written to standards, and has sufficient test coverage
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers, from both the company and their clients’ teams to deliver large software products
- Define, promote, and enforce engineering best practices on your project team, to clients, and across the company
- Help improve our engineering capabilities by mentoring engineers through project work or other initiatives
- Contribute to success of Engineering Guild and the company through other activities and initiatives; for example, training, recruiting, and business development
- Demonstrated expertise in native iOS development including memory management, multi-threading, networking, and adaptive layouts
- Proficient in Swift
- Understanding of Apple’s user interface guidelines and design principles
- Strong coding skills with a proven ability to write clean, effective, well-tested code and a knowledge of design patterns and system architecture
- Experience analyzing, designing, and developing large and complex code bases and software systems
- Demonstrated technical initiative with experience leading project teams and mentoring engineers
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across disciplines and work closely with clients, even in a remote setting
- Remote – Canada