At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Head Of Engineering – Payments to lead the Payments department. You will help them continue to grow their team and product offerings, and ensure the success of their merchants every day. This role will report to the SVP of Technology and work closely with the Director of Product and General Manager of the Payments unit.
- Lead and grow the 60+ person globally distributed technology team that is building our payments systems.
- Ensure the team builds highly reliable and scalable payments platform components with streamlined deployments, alerting/monitoring, and security through clear goals, repeatable processes and metrics.
- Facilitate relationships with product and technology leaders for the company’s point-of-sale products as well as with our payments partners.
- Run an efficient metrics-based team process to execute on business priorities in a timely and predictable manner.
- Partner with product management to build the best product in the market.
- Engage with the business stakeholders around the company to ensure we are building the right product.
- Hire, develop and retain top talent in the industry. Think big and build the best teams to deliver the products that customers love!
- Senior Management experience leading multiple teams for large-scale SaaS companies. Engineers will need to respect you for your organizational skills and technical achievements.
- Experience in scaling and managing global and diverse teams. Attract, retain, develop talent at all levels. Understand how to build and improve engineering culture.
- Experience with building and operating containerized SaaS systems and solutions.
- Strong decision making skills, ability to operate autonomously, to extract and prioritize information, and to exercise good judgment calls. Experience scoping and leading complex multi-team and multi-year initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to drive outcomes and be articulate with technical and non-technical audiences. Create effective frameworks for feedback and solutions on complex topics. Able to operate effectively in a cross-functional organization collaborating with product, and business partners.
- Process improvement mentality. Track record of growth of engineering efficiency through tools, data driven approach and team organization.
- Life-long continuous learning of business, management and technology.
- Familiarity with how the best SaaS companies operate as organizations and platforms.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Berlin, Germany
- Montreal, Quebec
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Toronto, Ontario