At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Financial Analyst, FP and A who will work closely with the Finance management team and key business partners to assess program metrics and evaluate financial impact of strategic initiatives. Furthermore, this role incorporates a combination of financial analysis, strategic analysis, business modeling, and creative thinking through supporting internal stakeholders and the FP&A team to ensure that corporate business objectives and financial results are met.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly forecasts and the annual budget processes and deliverables for Client Services, Business Development & Affiliate partnership business partners
- Provide variance explanations across key accounts (issuance, revenue and cost) by reviewing historical trends, assumptions and anticipated market projections for month end and forecast cycles
- Prepare the top partner issuance reports on a regular cadence and provide variance explanations (actuals vs forecast and YoY) are provided in a timely manner from the business partners
- Support and provide ongoing financial advice to the Client Services, Business Development & Affilitate teams with strategic business decisions and contract reviews
- Prepare financial presentations and reports to senior leadership team, highlighting most relevant and important findings
- Prepare the annual sponsor profitability analysis and extract key insights, observations and findings
- Implement process improvements, enhancement projects and continuous development of our internal models to ensure robust financial data, metrics and analysis is available for key stakholders across the organization
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum 1 year of directly related work experience in Finance and forecasting & planning
- Advanced Excel skills
- The ideal candidate is detailed-oriented with solid time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and tailor communication appropriately to different stakeholder audience (business vs. finance)
- Experience gathering data through Hyperion (nice-to-have)
- Remote – Canada