Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in.
We are looking for a Events Coordinator to join our dynamic Events team. We are building a global network and want to bring on a Events Coordinator professional with the , hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our events process and ensure our events go off without a hitch. This is a ground-level opportunity to play a critical role in supporting the planning, design, production, promotion, and overall coordination of BPTN events. As our Events Coordinator you will be expected to manage day-to-day events activities and provide support to fellow team members.
Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive community of people who are all striving for excellence. With an attentive Senior Leadership Team, you’ll feel valued, heard, and recognized at every stage in your workflow. In addition, there are ongoing development opportunities for you to grow as a professional and reach new levels.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide support in handling all aspects of an event from choosing the venue, reviewing contracts, to the finer details of guest lists, décor, marketing, and sponsorship
- Provide the team with planning, organization and administrative support leading up to the event.
- Reviewing and arranging appropriate accommodations, transportation, catering, signage, promotional materials, procurement, and security
- Supervise the development and production of promotional materials and presentations
- Source venues, obtain quotes and conduct site visits
- Understand, create, and stick to timelines/deadlines; and guide your colleagues, suppliers, staff, or client to do the same
- Coordinate and/or supervise staff, contractors and volunteers in order to achieve the desired performance
- Work within budgets provided and ensure all event deliverables are cost-effective
- Coordinate multiple events at a time while keeping details of each event straight and regularly updating databases. All updates should be documented
- Working with and troubleshooting alongside presenters/ speakers as you onboard them to the webinar platform. (Training will be provided in setting up, utilizing and training virtual presenters on the platform)
- Reporting on the events based on metrics & data points collected. Generate and download reports
- Produce virtual events (Training will be provided, requires working 1 evening each week)
- Be on-site for set-up, execution & tear down for any in-person events as may be required.
- Occasional travel within Canada & USA will be required.
- Confident to build and maintain relationships with C-suite executives (speakers & corporate partners)
- A high level of work ethics and integrity will be expected from this role
- Insanely organized, great time manager and scheduler
- Understand marketing and promotion
- Excellent organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Advance skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of project-management methods and practices, including planning and execution
- Familiar with health and safety regulations as it relates to holding events
- Knowledge of virtual event platforms, and project management platforms & tools will be an advantage
- Proven ability to think on your feet and solve problems quickly
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Post-Secondary education in Event Marketing Management,
Hospitality Management; or related fields
- Have completed Special Events Coordinator apprenticeship
- 3-5 years' event coordination or management experience
- 3-5 years’ customer service experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- A desire to do what it takes to get the job done
- A never-ending sense of customer service
- 1-week company closure in November to re-energize after BFUTR Summit
- 2-week office closure for December holidays
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- $500 Lifestyle spending account
- 2 paid mental health days
- 5 paid bereavement days
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Extensive Health Benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid role (work from anywhere in North America)
- Group retirement savings and employer-matched RRSP contributions
- Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit: duration of 20 weeks, top-up 80% of base salary.