At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Delivery Lead and Sr. Consultant, Application Development who will provide strategic alignment between business, architecture and technology teams and lead the overall EPSP delivery and oversees development of cross-functional systems, guidance and thought leadership in the development to ensure the technology used and solutions are aligned with the overall company technology, business strategies, roadmaps and industry trends.
- Provide a leadership role in formulating Application design and Application development to the chosen technology platform.
- Participate in reviews of requirements, architecture, design and test plans to ensure they are clear and understandable for implementing the solution
- Analyze business and/or client processes and practices and work with design consultants to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement
- Provide estimates for work effort and support integration into the overall project estimate and participate in the management and tracking of scope changes
- Participate in planning and prioritization exercise and manage delivery against the plan for work packages and ensure adherence to baselined effort and dates
- Ensure that standards and policies are followed in accordance with the Enterprise delivery framework, conduct and participate in Code Reviews to ensure the code follows the approved design and lead resolution of dev-related variances through all environments
- Provide technical guidance to application development teams. Recommend redesign or redevelopment. Analyzing project and/or technical risk, using available information, to support business recommendations.
- Assess the impact of the company’s technology initiatives and procedures and making adjustments to internal operations as necessary to improve productivity.
- Must have 8+ years of software development and programming experience
- Must have 5+ years of experience in product/system delivery of projects implemented at an enterprise level.
- You can demonstrate experience in 5+ years of Java application development and support. You can clearly demonstrate technical understanding of Java/J2EE, SOAP-XML/REST-JSON, GitHub, Maven and Junit.
- Strong security background in implementing solutions like OAuth, OIDC, SAML, Single Sign on, CIAM, etc.
- Must have development experience in working with API Security products – Broadcom’s Layer7 API Gateway or similar.
- It’s an asset if you have experience with Jenkins, Jira or Confluence, and/or other build & deploy tools.
- Previous experience managing projects in an agile environment is an asset
- Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs.
- Toronto, Ontario