Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Winter 2023 Student Opportunities, Data Analyst, Technology & Operations
What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Data Analyst Student? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RBC Technology & Operations. Some exciting areas you may be able to contribute to are:
- Innovation & Technology
- Global Technology Infrastructure
- Enterprise Operations Payments
What will you do?
- Analyze, design, deliver, and implement analytic development projects, with the use of RBC’s analytics tools
- Ensure that project activities are accomplished within approved time frames, scope, and budgets
- Confirm that projects adhere to development standards and guidelines
- Apply data warehouse concepts and methodologies to various projects
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus on computer science, mathematics, statistics, commerce, or business analysis
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience or understanding of open-source software frameworks (Hadoop), data visualization tools (Tableau and Splunk), and databases (SQL and/or VBA)
- Prior experience in data integration of disparate data sources
- Knowledge of design, development, and implementation utilizing current analytics technologies and architecture, as well as data warehouse concepts and methodologies
- Relational database concepts and design experience
- Ability to learn and absorb new concepts (in business and in systems) quickly and apply new knowledge
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)