Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our dynamic Product Strategy team. We are building a global network and want to bring on a Technology professional with the hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our company data process. This is a ground-level opportunity to play a critical role at BPTN.
As our Data Analyst, you’ll be an integral part of the data mining/data analysis methods process with a focus on implementation of models, algorithms and creating simulations. Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive community of people who are all striving for excellence.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor or Masters in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- 2 to 3 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Advanced experience in building data driven dashboards.
- A thorough understanding of end-to-end data pipelines and data transformation processes.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: SQL, Python.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Strong time management skills to ensure accurate delivery.
- Well-organized approach to working on multiple projects at once.
- Possess a “start-up” mindset, ability to adapt to fluid responsibilities and willingness to learn new things.
- Communication skills and experience to maintain effective and timely correspondence with internal team members.
– 1-week company closure in November to re-energize after BFUTR Summit
– 2-week office closure for December holidays
– 3 weeks paid vacation
– $500 – $750 Lifestyle spending account
– 2 paid mental health days
– 5 paid bereavement days
– Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
– Extensive Health Benefits
– Flexible work hours
– Hybrid role (work from anywhere in North America)
– Group retirement savings and employer-matched RRSP contributions