At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Consultant, Application Development who will assemble, implement and maintain easy, flexible, and personalized solutions that enhance the client experience across both iOS and Android. You’ll lead the planning and strategy for the technical design, development and integration of these applications.
- Design and development – Perform and coordinate complicated application programming activities. Design the application's technical infrastructure using specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches. Lead the design and development of cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- Strategic planning – Develop multi-year technology roadmaps that align with the bank’s vision, strategy, and business goals. Lead multiple complicated projects involving backend systems, new technology, and the enhancement of existing applications.
- Leadership skills – Act as the mobile development team lead and run code-review sessions with the wider team to ensure the project is on track to meet goals. Support and mentor intermediate and senior developers by sharing knowledge, collaborating and problem solving.
- You embrace and advocate change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes a difference. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by sharing your expertise.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You're motivated by collective success. You know that teamwork can transform a good idea into a great one. You know that an inclusive team that enjoys working together can bring a vision to life.
- You can demonstrate experience in: Objective C, Xcode, Android SDK, Swift, Web Services, XML, Subversion, and GIT. It’s an asset if you are fluent in Object Oriented Design, Java development experience, JSON and RESTFul web services, and if you have written Unit Test and UI Automation Tests. Nice to have ETL tool, Informatica and Cognos reporting skills.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Toronto, Ontario