The Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN) is bridging the network gap between Black talent and career opportunities across North America. We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers.
What You'll Be Doing
You’ll be joining our client's Credit Adjudication Technology team. You’ll be at the heart of digital transformation, successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale mobile projects involving multiple back-end systems. As an Advisory Application Developer, you will build, implement and maintain easy, flexible, and personalized solutions that enhance the client experience You’ll lead the planning and strategy for the technical design, development and integration of these applications.
How You'll Succeed
- Design and Development – Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities. Design the application's technical infrastructure using specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches. Lead the design and development of cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- Strategic Planning – Develop multi-year technology roadmaps that align with the bank’s vision, strategy, and business objectives. Lead multiple complex projects involving backend systems, new technology, and the enhancement of existing applications.
- Leadership Skills – Act as the development team lead and run code-review sessions with the wider team to ensure the project is on track to meet objectives. Support and mentor intermediate and senior developers by sharing knowledge, collaborating and problem solving.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 7+ years of experience developing Java, 2+ years of experience in Angular 7+, Spring Boot, Spring, REST services, Spring Data JPA, JSON, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, and understand Agile/Scrum development. You have strong knowledge of: Object Oriented Design. You have written JUnit Tests. It’s an asset if: You have experience in Java/JEE (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JMS), Struts, Hibernate, and Postgres.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science, SW Engineering/or related programming degree/diploma.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What we offer
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
Our client is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Our client is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, our client requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.