Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Winter 2023 Student Opportunities, Technical Systems Analyst, Technology & Operations
What is the opportunity?
Check out this opportunity where you get to work as a Technical Systems Analyst! By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RBC Technology & Operations!
What will you do?
- Create and review technical design documents related to small projects and understanding how the design will be used in the code development process
- Coordinate design phases for small projects, identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of technical specifications, programs and unit test plans
- Provide estimates on activities/tasks required to perform design, coding and unit testing, improving accuracy over time
- Performance tuning to improve performance of single function
- Low level planning of work packages meeting project objectives within budget and on time
- Provide third-level support of applications, database etc.
- Facilitate small group meetings for technical design, problem solving and task implementation
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus on computer science, engineering, or technology
- Leadership acumen and a passion is essential as you will apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience or understanding of programming languages, databases, platforms, and/or code management tooling
- Experience or understanding of web technologies, frameworks, middleware technologies, and/or design techniques and tools
- Experience with testing methodology or frameworks, as well as Cross Browser development
- Ability to hand-code all components
- Knowledge of domains, IP infrastructure, server operating systems, and domain registration standards, as well as an understanding of IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM, and audit requirements
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)