At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Sr Software Developer to design, develop and support user-focused applications and programs while ensuring all components adhere to a consistent, extensible, evolving architecture which meets business requirements.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline – typically considered as a product subject matter expert within area of technical specialty
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead significant project teams; uses specialized skill sets to work on assignment with high levels of risk or complexity
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives
- Work with both internal groups and external vendors / stakeholders to develop innovative solutions. Owns the full stack and entire lifecycle of key software applications, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment.
- Lead and / or provide design input into new projects; turn informed ideas to develop successful software.
- Create and deliver complex software solutions that have broad organizational or client impact.
- Provide organizational consulting, advice and education on capabilities; modelling and development methodology, including design and coding standards. May create and maintain documentation for these standards.
- Investigate issues and recommend / define solutions informed from internal consultation and external research (e.g. stakeholders / industry trends / third party suites) .
- Interface closely with internal and external customers to efficiently drive new products, new features and new ways forward in the in development of complex software including issue resolution and dev ops management.
- Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Provide input into the technical evolution of the platform. Research industry trends and recommend technology that modernizes the platform.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in Software Engineering, Computer Science; or equivalent work experience in a Technology or business environment
- Minimum of 7 years experience working in software development, design, business intelligence environments, and / or data architecture environments
- "Full proficiency with multiple programming languages and / or database management and modelling.
- Hands-on technical expertise with high proficiency in analytical abiity and design skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in leading large scale projects or significant project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical/non-technical peers/clients and leaders.
- Proficiency in payment systems and the merchant acquiring business is an asset
- Toronto, ON