Sr Manager, Learning Experience Designer
Status: Full – Time
Direct reports: NA
Reports to: Dean, Head of Online Education Delivery
Location: Remote ( U.S or Canada)
Deadline to apply: Until filled
- Savvy, confident and bold?
- Passionate about empowering Black tech professionals?
- Looking for the opportunity to work at a company with an exciting and supportive culture?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then stop your job search right now because this role is for you!
Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in. We are looking for a Sr Manager, Learning Experience Designer to join our dynamic Obsidi Academy team.
We are building a global network focused on solving the “Network Gap '' in Tech, our Obsidi.com is the platform that enables us to be a part of the solution. With the growth of the platform, we are adding a transformational new product to help bring net-new talent into the tech industry, through reskilling of professionals looking to make a pivot into tech.
Starting with our Full stack Developer bootcamp Course, we will put $16.1M/yr in salary into Black and other underserved communities.
We want to bring on a learning experience professional with the skills, hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our online learning experience. This is a expereinced level opportunity to play a critical role in the development and delivery of our online education. As our Sr Manager, Learning Experience Designer, you’ll be an integral part in establishing the learning objectives for the online education process with a focus on driving the learning experience.
Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive cross-functional community of professionals who are all striving for excellence. With an attentive Senior Leadership Team, you’ll feel valued, heard, and recognized at every stage in your workflow. In addition, there are ongoing development opportunities for you to grow as a professional and reach new levels.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Define learning objectives, describe tasks and activities, estimate resources requirements, and create detailed design structures.
- Design principles used in LXD from interaction design, user experience design, experience design, graphic design and game design.
- Identify performance outcomes and strategies to deliver content.
- Oversee the creation of materials for instructors onboarding to learner contexts and course content.
- Partner with subject matter experts (Lead Full stack Dev faculty) to oversee the curation learning components, design of new content, and the contextualization of existing content to meet learning needs, context, and industry.
- Develop the learning pedagogy as well and evaluation methods and outputs.
- Work with the Product and Engineering department, SMEs to define the teaching elements.
- Develop learning objectives, key competencies and learning pathways.
- Oversee the design and development of supplemental training materials such as evaluations, worksheets, posters, and surveys.
- Work with SME to conduct experiments, pilots, observations, and other data collection for evidence of learning impact.
- Write effective copy, instructional text, and audio and video scripts.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in instructional design, learning sciences, educational psychology, adult learning, or relevant field.
We are looking for someone who embodies the following:
- Thrives working in fast-paced, dynamic start up environments.
- 5 years of experience in instructional design or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to develop online, multimedia courses.
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories, instructional design models, and adult learning principles.
- Understand what drives adult learners.
- Sound understanding of Project Management and experience leading and coordinating project activities.
- Has ease in collaborating with subject matter experts and synthesizing feedback.
- Is able to conduct product and learning research, including experiments, pilots, observations, and user studies.
Why You should Work at Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN):
If you’re looking for a work environment where you can grow and develop both personally and professionally while delivering value to others, then BPTN is the place to be!
At BPTN, we are all about community. Not only do we work hard to empower Black tech professionals, but we work together to support each other in all that we do. We are motivated by something bigger than ourselves, namely our mission to push the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black tech professionals to gather, grow and evolve. With an inspirational team and a solid list of goals, your career at BPTN will be fun, challenging, and rewarding. Plus, we’ve got a pretty sweet benefits package!
- 1-week company closure in November to re-energize after BFUTR Summit
- 2-week office closure for December holidays
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- $500 – $750 Lifestyle spending account
- 2 paid mental health days
- 5 paid bereavement days
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Extensive Health Benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid role (work from anywhere in North America)
- Group retirement savings and employer-matched RRSP contributions
- Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit: duration of 20 weeks, top-up 80% of base salary.
At BPTN, we embrace differences. We’ve created a safe space where all voices are equal because beautiful things happen when everyone feels like they’re part of the team. We’re committed to openness, curiosity, and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.