We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be joining CIBC’s Commercial Banking and Payments Technology, Smart Investigate application. You’ll will be responsible for the design, development and integration testing, in support of small to large scale projects. You will be responsible for providing production support when required. In addition, you will sometimes act as an application specific work package lead or as a project-level and cross-functional Technical Lead. Technical Leads liaise with other application work package leads and provide high-level design oversight to ensure an optimal end-to-end solution is implemented.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. To successfully perform the work, details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How You’ll Succeed
- Application Development – You will code and configure solutions using multiple tools and technologies while meeting code quality targets
- Time Management – You will plan and manage multiple, individual and/or team priorities to meet established timelines.
- Requirement Analysis and Design – You will help translate Business Requirements into Solution Requirements and Technical design. This may include working directly with the Business to gain a complete understanding of their request to ensure the end solution meets their needs with minimal design defects.
- Production Support – You will be taking part in day to day production support work and support business users if there are any production issues. You will work with application support teams to analyze log files and resolve the issues based on priority.
- 3+ Years of Java development with a strong knowledge base
- 3+ years professional programming experience using PL/SQL.
- Fundamental knowledge of Azure Cloud resources and interest in being trained in space
- Comfortable with being on-call rotation for production support (Bi-Weekly or monthly rotation) whenever required
Good to Have:
- Experience working within databases/data warehouses/ data lakes and performing tasks such as data partitioning (indexes, statistics, explain/execution plans, etc)
- Experience with SSIS/ADF Pipelines
- Configurations for various Azure resources, permissions, etc.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.