At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer who will design, develop and implement a series of data solutions in the AWS infrastructure for the company data pipeline.
- Participate in implementing highly available and elastically scalable 24/7 services in the cloud.
- Participate in the design and code reviews to help increase the quality of our products
- Support existing systems while making contributions towards future architecture
- Work collaboratively on some development tasks and independently on others.
- Participate and collaborate with team members in the development process: design, development, testing, deployment, and documentation
- Participate in generating engineering test plans from functional specification documents
- 2+ years developing cloud-based, scalable ETL systems.
- Expertise in Python and SQL.
- Experience building data pipelines.
- Experience with docker and containerization.
- Experience shipping products
- Familiarity with noSQL options, and their pros and cons (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc).
- Experience with ETL tools (AWS Step Functions/Airflow/Luigi, AWS Glue/Spark/PySpark, etc.))
- Experience with Git & Terraform.
- Excellent time management.
- Self starter can perform research independently
- Ability to speak and write clear English in order to facilitate clear, unambiguous communications
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
- Remote – United States