At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer who will help them build, maintain, and support the company’s applications, services, and data systems. You’ll rely on your understanding of software design, strong development practices, and experience operating software at scale to improve the software and systems used by hundreds of thousands of merchants every day. Their ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer with a career built on delivering high-performance web applications that are testable, observable, and resilient.
- Drive innovation and technical projects and lead other ICs to accomplish shared goals in a cross-functional team
- Solve technical problems with a large impact, scope, and complexity for your team
- Contribute to an inclusive and equitable environment within your teams and among peers
- Participate in company incident management on-call rotation and collaborate with engineering leadership to improve the experience of being on-call.
- Improve debugging and incident response techniques and codify solutions in runbooks
- Understanding of the fundamentals of web application development, common pitfalls, design patterns, and performance considerations.
- Experience building resilient, observable, and testable systems.
- Excellent communication skills that drive clarity and regularly achieve consensus among peers
- Track record of improving the skills and performance of those around you
- Experience evaluating the benefits, risks, and tradeoffs associated with multiple approaches to solving a problem.
- Remote – United States