Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Winter 2023 Student Opportunities, Software Developer (Calgary), 4 or 8 Months, Technology & Operations
What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Software Developer Co-op for? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RBC Technology & Operations.
Some exciting roles you'll be considered for are:
- Full Stack Developer
- Android Developer
- iOS Developer
- API Developer
- Web Developer
- Hadoop Developer
- Big Data Developer
- Automation Developer
What will you do?
- Collaborate with peers to develop code in line with strategic initiatives, as well as develop, troubleshoot, enhance, and document components, as per the requirements and detailed design
- Translate requirements into functional specifications, and coordinate design phases, while identifying, tracking, and resolving technical issues
- Create and review technical design documents, understand how the design will be used in the code development process, and facilitate meetings to design, troubleshoot, and execute projects
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of technical specifications, programs, code, and unit test plans
- Conduct thorough unit testing, often developing and leveraging automated unit testing frameworks, and improve performance of single functions through performance tuning
- Plan design/implementation activities, ensure technical solution quality, provide third-level support for various technologies, and drive technical platform evolution and improvements
- Present technical topics at regular TSA meetings and manage low-level planning of work packages
- Estimate activities/tasks required to perform design, coding, and unit testing
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus on computer science, engineering, or technology
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience or understanding of programming languages, databases, platforms, frameworks, design techniques and tools, code management tooling, and/or web technologies
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – Agile, Waterfall, and Iterative methods
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to hand-code all components, as well as Cross Browser development experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
888 3 ST SW:CALGARY
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)