Our client has been recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition. They are a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
We are looking for a .Net Software Developer Team Lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled developers and delivering complex software solutions across a variety of products and technologies.
The Software Developer Team Lead’s primary responsibility will be to lead development projects across predominantly Microsoft .Net and SQL Server based technologies.
On occasion you may be asked to work nights, weekends, or holidays on a rotational basis to ensure 24×7 coverage. This position will have flexibility with remote/in-office presence or scheduling as needed.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Own the product from a technical perspective making changes to stack, adding services, refactoring code, changing infrastructure, and adding or removing any tools as necessary
- Architect, code, and debug problematic code
- Take part of code reviews as a reviewer and reviewee.
- Produce both high-level and detailed-level designs based on business requirements and defined architectures
- Participate in business requirements, test planning, design reviews, etc. to gain a solid understanding of the application and provide input into various SDLC deliverables
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the development team
- Coordinate with both onshore and offshore teams to ensure coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities are completed as required
- Produce and maintain documentation and records in compliance with the SDLC requirements
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interface design, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs
- Contribute to defining timelines and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions
- Contribute to the ongoing support, stability, and performance of application systems in production including problem analysis, resolution, escalation and reporting as necessary
- Stay current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to the organization
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- 7+ years of demonstrated development experience building web applications
- 4+ years experience building scalable and maintainable RESTful APIs using C#
- Strong fundamental knowledge of relational databases (SQL in particular) and ability to write performant queries
- 3+ years of experience working as a technical team lead
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and pipelines
- Experience using AngularJS (or any Reactive Front-End frameworks like React, Vue.JS, Svelte, etc.)
- Experience using version control software (i.e. Git), and Agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/ DevOps processes and tools such as Azure DevOps for SDLC automation and management and NUnit for unit test automation