At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources, and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is big on making connections, both with their product and with each other. Their platform is customer-focused, tailored, and constantly available. It's a gateway to healthcare that gives people the tools they need to live healthier, happier lives. Every single day.
As a Senior Talent Manager, your role will be to actively source and qualify candidates for product, engineering, data, data science and design roles and be a trusted partner for the technical leadership teams. You will continuously evolve our Talent strategy and drive new hiring practices such as diversity and inclusion and employee experience. You will play a very critical role in scaling a high-growth company, and building a winning culture.
In this role, you will:
- Build a pipeline of top active and passive talent through active outreach, researching, sourcing, events, partnerships and networking.
- Own 10-20 roles and candidates throughout the full recruiting cycle, with minimal direction.
- Lead the search for roles in technology, but may also be asked to support with other roles in the organization.
- Approach to recruiting is a heavy focus on quality of candidates not the quantity of candidates.
- Build a strong partnership with hiring managers to make decisions, evaluate talent and put the best talent forward.
- Deliver an excellent candidate experience to all candidates who engage with League.
- Qualify candidates for technical compatibility and alignment to our mission.
- Be a true relationship partner and manage the full recruitment process including interview, feedback and offer process.
- Manage multiple candidate channels including agencies, advertising and other recruiting campaigns.
- Stay abreast of relevant news and best practices in the talent and tech startup space.
- 6+ years plus in a Talent Acquisition role.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- 360-degree experience throughout the recruiting cycle.
- In-house and agency side recruiting experience is a plus.
- Experience recruiting for a variety of roles in technology, engineering, product, data and design.
- Keen interest in helping to build diverse teams and talent pools