At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Developer – NodeJS, Backend who is responsible to design, develop, implement and support backend software components. The individual works with architects, other developers, QA specialists, DevOps and business systems analysts in an agile manner to create quality, high-performance backend components. This individual will work with the Software Development leadership team to help make architectural recommendations/decisions on various software platforms.
- Design, development, unit testing, implementation and support of java based back end components dealing with large volumes of sensitive data in a real time environment
- Creation, maintenance and support of secure, high quality, and high-performance code components
- Collaborating with other developers, QA specialists, system support specialists and other team members to integrate components and implement/support a fully-functional solution in an agile environment.
- Mentoring / Leading less experienced developers ensuring all necessary work is completed to a high quality including performing code reviews.
- Creating/maintaining documentation on complex information using data flow diagram
- Ongoing proof of concepts of new technologies and design patterns with an eye to assisting in making architectural decisions for software platforms
- Contribute in sprint planning and other agile scrum ceremonies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in developing production scale applications in NodeJS/Java
- Working experience in Apache Kafka for 2 or more years.
- Experience with Microservices architecture in NodeJS and Java Spring boot framework
- Experience in Cloud services and solution development, Microsoft Azure is an advantage
- Familiar with Agile and DevOps concepts including tools such as GitLab and Jira
- Toronto, ON
- Charlottetown, PEI
- Quebec – Remote
- St. John’s, NL
- Halifax, NS
- Fredericton, NB
- Manitoba – Remote
- Alberta – Remote
- British Columbia – Remote
- Saskatoon, SK
- Ontario – Remote