Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
?Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.?
Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located anywhere in Canada.
The Group Customer Technology team is responsible for delivering technology solutions to our Group Customer business partners for the benefit of advisors, plan sponsors, plan members and staff who support those stakeholders.
Reporting to the Manager Project Delivery within the Group Customer Technology, Group Life & Health Account, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading large and high risk/complex projects, working with business unit and technology leaders, cross functional teams, project team members and external parties to ensure projects are well-defined, planned and delivered.
In this role you will apply your advanced knowledge and experience managing multiple large and complex projects and teams to implement solutions to complex problems or to capitalize on opportunities.
What you will do
- Develop, contribute towards and adopt standards, tools, processes and best practices.
- Provides coaching and mentorship on Project Management and project delivery methodologies and practices to less experienced Project Managers.
- Responsible for product delivery and client/stakeholder satisfaction and relationship management
- Working with the portfolio team, utilizes intake and formalized discovery processes to perform high level analysis and work with business partners and the architecture team to define the problem/opportunity, expected business benefits, t-shirt size estimate and prepare an initiative brief.
- Working with the architectural team and business partners, gather enough high level requirements to develop a high level system impact assessment, scoped solution and business case.
- Partner with senior, multiple and/or executive stakeholders to conduct planning and to develop the project charter, goals, objectives and delivery methodology.
- Develop integrated project plans demonstrating strong financial and project acumen (including cost estimates, budget, resourcing requirements), applying appropriate estimation models, and refine and manage performance against them, customizing project planning methods to suit the project
- Perform risk planning and analysis (qualitative & quantitative), including risk identification and risk response planning.
- Facilitate the completion of an organizational change management assessment and work with the business to prepare an organizational change management plan
Execution & Operationalization
- Demonstrates management of full project lifecycle for multiple initiatives or workstreams varying in complexity and stakeholders, ensuring the effective execution of large or complex projects to deliver a product or solution that satisfies stakeholder expectations and achieves project success criteria (schedule, budget, team cohesion, regulatory, etc.)
- Track and monitor process, identify and manage variances and changes, and distribute information and reports on a timely and informative basis.
- Execute plans using, and integrating, different delivery approaches / methods when needed
- Raise, track, and resolve issues and manage conflicts or remove barriers across multiple stakeholders with minimal escalation
- Execute Canada Technology processes effectively, including adherence to compliance processes and exercising sound judgment, ensuring documentation is completed
- Successfully operationalize / transition project to production and maintenance
- Lead post implementation reviews
What you will bring
- 8+ years as a Project Manager in a Technology delivery environment
- Degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, etc) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly critical thinking, with a strong attention to detail.
- A focus on understanding the desired business outcomes and delivering to meet those outcomes
- Customer centric approach to problem solving with the ability to collaborate, resolve conflicts, and reach consensus with others.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to translate complex technical subject matter in business terms for executive audiences, succinctly and professionally.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment, facilitating and contributing to work across geographies and across other functional teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and operating under levels of uncertainty
- Keen negotiation skills and the ability to facilitate discussions, prioritization and decision making across multiple business areas and multiple technology teams to achieve project objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to influence and negotiate win-win outcomes among cross-functional teams.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities under time pressure without compromising quality.