At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Senior Product Specialist who will handle product strategy definition, roadmap creation, product requirement definition, design specification, user definition, all the way through testing, readiness, knowledge transfer, product implementation assistance and customer success.
- Responsible for the success, quality, cost management and delivery of a product or project in the whole product lifecycle as defined in the portfolio. Contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness and improvement of processes used in own area.
- Gain market & customer insight: Analyzes technology trends and customer requirements to identify growth opportunities for the company. Proactively engages and provides input for product strategy discussions. Contributes to developing a product vision and a product roadmap. Constantly evaluate competitive products on basis of publicly available information to ensure his/her product is on-par or competitive in the current market. Customer roll-in: Conducts user research, participates and organizes e.g. customer events.
- Ensure product definition: Ensure customer input into all product definitions. Prioritizes and describes product backlog which reflects customer and user needs. Enriches backlog and ensures that the scrum team and other relevant stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding. Ensures rollout plan.
- Ensure product delivery: Contributes to a holistic product vision and product design and ensures all product teams have a comprehensive understanding of it. Develops test cases and/or conducts expert testing and validates planned and implemented scope throughout product lifecycle and ensures delivery of high-quality software. Accepts or rejects sprint results. Contributes to creation of product-related non-coded assets (such as rollout and knowledge transfer material). Creates and contributes to the delivery of a product to implement the solution strategy. Collects & incorporates early feedback from Customers and other relevant stakeholders. Remains cognizant of usable software being available at the end of every sprint.
- Makes a contribution towards efficiency, effectively, and process improvement.
- At least 10 years of experience as a Product Specialist/Product Manager
- At least 5 years of experience in cloud-based Payment solutions
- Strong experience in Accounts Payables, and/or Accounts Receivables, and Finance and/or Payments business processes is highly desired
- Strong experience as Product Manager in procurement institutions and/or in the invoice solutions of global marketplaces is highly desired
- Experience with SAP ERP and Ariba solutions is highly desired
- Bachelor or Masters degree or equivalent education in Computer Science
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to share structured knowledge on the job and present concepts.
- Ability to break down abstract problems into smaller well-defined ones and identify workable solutions.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a highly diverse and global environment.
- Understand and excel at working in Agile model with Engineering Scrum teams.
- Office automation skills (spreadsheets, presentations, word editing) are a must.
- Plano, TX, US