At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join their Retail iOS mobile product, to ensure the best possible end-to-end experience for the company’s retailers by: fully understanding the retailer landscape and challenges; set the product strategy and discover our next big opportunities; contribute to a world-class product team and culture.
- Discovering and accurately identifying highly valuable problems to solve at scale so that you maximize the yield of the team.
- Contributing to your product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business and a deep knowledge of the customers. This will ensure the team’s detailed understanding of the problem so that the team has the context and the autonomy to deliver.
- Influencing your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic to ensure buy-in across the organization of the prioritization of the problems to solve and desired outcome.
- Contributing to a world class product team by sharing your knowledge and showcasing exceptional product management skills.
- Building strong retailer advocacy, increasing retailer empathy and understanding throughout the company.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product through the software development lifecycle – You have owned a large feature or entire product (on any platform)
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Passion for innovation and new product development, and the ability to provide a plan to get there.
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity, and a go-getter, entrepreneurial mindset.
- The hunger to learn across the core areas of your domain, to synthesize insights from your learnings and to leverage those insights in your team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Clear and consistent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Highly collaborative and effective team member.
- Ottawa, ON
- Toronto, ON