At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Senior Manager, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion. In this role, you are a subject matter expert in EDI principles with proven experience and capability to impact and influence positive change. You lead with vision and will champion our commitment to fostering an inclusive workplace culture, developing programs and practices that cultivate employee belonging.
- Provide strategic direction in advancing EDI corporate objectives.
- Work to identify and address systemic barriers to inclusion.
- Help to build active champions and advocates for EDI and belonging.
- Develop and implement innovative practices and programming that drive engagement and cultivate an open, ‘speak-up’ culture.
- Monitor employee sentiment pertaining to EDI through periodic surveys and employee forums and formulate action plans to address gaps.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to increase engagement of employees and community.
- Help to prepare formal updates to the EDI Council and the company’s Board.
- Possess an authentic passion for lifelong learning, staying current to leading and innovative diversity research and topics.
- Experienced understanding of how EDI practices enable a culture of belonging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EDI leading practices, policies, processes and evaluation tools.
- Strong business insight, in particular, a strategic mindset and a comprehensive approach to problem solving.
- Self-starter, taking initiative and responsibility for decisions.
- Team builder, able to navigate different perspectives to arrive at a decision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to demonstrate this proficiency to negotiate, develop and present recommendations and outcomes.
- Proven track record with leading initiatives from conceptualization to implementation.
- Capability to develop strong working relationships built upon trust and respect.
- Experience growing grassroots initiatives with the ability to think strategically and translate business needs into measurable results.
- Ability to bring complicated and controversial topics to the table in a constructive way and engage key partners in designing impactful solutions.
- Toronto, ON
Apply by: July 17th, 2022