Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 110125
Primary Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
All Available Locations: Edmonton
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
What will your typical day look like?
Our clients look to us for assistance with their on-premises infrastructure, hybrid Cloud architectures, Cloud migrations, application modernization, Cloud-native deployments, comprehensive Cloud delivery solutions, Cloud transformations and ongoing optimization and management of both traditional and Cloud-native ecosystems and platforms.
A Senior Manager’s accountabilities span across all phases of our client's cloud strategy and transformation programs from setting the direction for our clients’ Cloud programs, to leading the planning, design, and delivery of multifaceted Cloud solution architectures within some of our largest clients/organizations. This leadership role will play a key role in developing our Cloud practice within the Public Sector in Alberta and will contribute to the growth and development of our people.
As a Senior Manager focused on cloud transformation, you are expected to contribute to client engagements and to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Client Management: Cultivate and build long-term relationships with executive clients and sponsors on Cloud Transformation programs.
- Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large clients / organizations. Responsibilities include, managing teams in the identification of cloud engagement approaches, plans, tools, timeline and execution.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; build business cases to help our clients understand the Cloud benefits that can be realized from increased agility within their organization; organize and lead pursuit teams on Cloud transformation programs; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Improve Deloitte’s cloud practices and methodology continuously; develop “thoughtware” and “point-of-view” documents
- People Development: Provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
About the team
The focus and passion of Deloitte’s Cloud Engineering practice is to help our clients become a place where their employees are passionate about the work they do, and they can dramatically accelerate the speed at which they deliver value. We are a specialized capability within our technology consulting practice in Canada, focused on the technical, organizational, and cultural elements that must be considered when helping our clients embrace the Cloud mindset. Our key clients span across various industries including financial services, energy and resources, consumer and retail business, digital-native, and public sector.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in developing technical strategies, delivery programs, and/or business solutions within a large organization or Enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience in leading Cloud Strategy, Data center migration or Application Modernization programs/projects in a fast-paced high volume environment and an ability to adapt experience into best practices for immediate use
- Ability to establish and maintain executive sponsor relationships within a customer’s organization and escalate if needed
- Very strong leadership and communication skills exhibiting right negotiating posture with customer and program teams to make the right decisions
- Excellent customer facing and relationship building skills
- 5+ years of consultative solution design and advising senior client executives as trusted advisors helping to transform enterprises
- Experience working with/for Public and Private sector entities
- 5+ years of progressive Solutions Architecture and/or Service Delivery experience, ideally with a focus on Cloud (AWS, Azure or Google) or core infrastructure, standing up cloud foundations; well-architected Cloud deployments; data center migrations, applications modernization / digital transformation (in Cloud), and/or setting up and managing a Cloud business office.
- Cloud certifications: AWS, Azure, Google or Oracle
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.