As the Senior Software Developer you will be joining a team that's building brand new online banking web applications on the cloud. You'll be responsible for developing the front end of the application in React and the back end API in Node.JS.
Are you the right person for this role?
- You will write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- You will gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- You will be directing day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
- You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
- You will create and maintain software documentation
- You will be creating a desktop and mobile experience for our customers
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have experience with REST API design
- You have worked on productionizing NodeJS servers
- You have knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
- You have a deep knowledge of HTML / CSS / SASS (BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS, CSS3 Transitions / Animations, Semantic HTML).
- You have experience with at least one modern JS framework, preferably React
- You’ve used modern JS toolsets (ES6, Typescript, Babel, Lerna, Jest, Protractor)
- You’ve built accessible and internationalized web applications before (JAWS, Voiceover, Transifex).
- You stay up to date with industry best practices.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center*
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.