At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer who is motivated to design and develop components of enterprise applications and providing consultative guidance on all project assignments. You will work as part of a team to ensure that the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches business requirements. You will be asked to take technical lead on various aspects of design, development and mentoring of resources while working with architects, developers, key business stakeholders, various technical support teams across the Bank, regulatory and compliance groups, and senior leadership.
- Effective design, development, integration, testing and implementation of complex business requirements
- Applying technological knowledge to the design of models and/or systems, formulating detailed technical designs, investigating and recommending technical solutions, developing and delivering applications using agile development methodologies
- Able to work at the highest technical level of systems development while maintaining a good knowledge of Wealth Management business strategies and applications.
- Technical Leadership, Cross Lab Coordination, Production Support and Release Implementation Support
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 10+ years of development experience required
- 2+ years or more of technical lead experience required
- Technical Proficiency in:
- Java 2 SE, J2EE, Java 8+
- Microservices Development or Integration – Familiarity with REST APIs
- Cloud Concepts i.e. Microsoft Azure, KeyVaults
- Maven / Gradle
- Git, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins
- Splunk, Dynatrace or Equivalent Production Monitoring
- IntelliJ or Visual Studio
- UNIX / Linux Skills
- SQL – MSSQL / AzureSQL, Oracle or Sybase
- Experience and expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Very good understanding of current IT practices and software development methodologies such as Scrum and Agile
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation) in order to effectively liaise with business analysts, vendors, other technical departments and members of the project team
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry – nice to have
- Knowledge of SonarQube – nice to have
- Knowledge of Fortify & Blackduck – nice to have
- Knowledge of Security Concepts such as SSL, Certificates, Key Store/Trust Store – nice to have
- Toronto, ON