At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for supporting the product for our retail merchants, the data pipeline, data architecture and infrastructure. For this role, you can be located in Canada and also option to work fully remotely or hybrid , +1/-1h time zone difference from EST.
- Design, build and develop ETL pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into application specific Data Warehouses
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a CI/CD environment
- Test Driven Development
- Design and architect our data systems; data sourcing, accessibility, security, quality, governance, discovery, and integration into business processes
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Build automated tests, troubleshoot software issues as well as implement bug fixes
- Developing reliable, highly available and scalable data pipelines
- Building data warehouses, data migrations and data transformations
- Experience with modern data stack: cloud databases like Redshift or BigQuery, ETL/ELT tools and frameworks like dbt.
- Experience with Apache Airflow or other workflow orchestration tools is highly desired.
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS or Azure, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Proficiency with Python or Java/Scala, especially for data manipulation and analysis and ability to build, maintain and deploy automated processes with these tools.
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Some familiarity to BI platforms like Looker or Tableau
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Montreal, QC
- Toronto, ON
- Remote – Canada (+1/-1h time zone difference from EST)