At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Being a part of our client’s company means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best there. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Our client is looking for a Resource Demand Manager to manage the resource planning of full time and contingent labour, allocation, and high-level scheduling across our Digital Hub in Canada. In this role you will plan for incoming projects and implement resource changes against evolving priorities. You will be accountable for the execution and development of Workforce best practices with respect to forecasting, both budget and operational planning, scheduling strategy and execution including skills inventory/cross training requirements.
You will also look after monitoring, KPI trending, and real time views of demand analysis. You will report to the AVP, Engineering and work closely with senior Leaders, finance, strategy and planning, procurement and HR teams to ensure that resources are properly allocated and utilized. We are looking for someone to be the department hub, a talent finder and a forward-thinking leader that ensures projects and teams are properly staffed and run efficiently to meet deliverables. You’ll have an excellent understanding of each professional aptitude and a keen knowledge of timing involved to accomplish assigned tasks.
What you will do
- Headcount Management – optimizing workforce processes, including, talent acquisition business case and approval process, interviewing support and logistics, onboarding best practices and assistance, performance management coordination, training and certification/ accreditation identification and tracking, and contractor offboarding processes
- Workforce Analysis – partner with the planning, finance and HR teams to create and manage a consolidated view of workforce data. Conduct supply and demand analysis, business scenario planning and forecasting. Participate in workforce analytics projects, including predictive analytics, dashboards/data visualization and identifying trends and recommendations.
- Strategic Workforce Planning – participate in projects and initiatives that support the long-term vision and roadmap for technology. Work alongside HRBR in building capacity and capability to build long -range talent planning and leverage that to build and inform a people resource strategy
- Workforce Planning Technology – participate in the requirements gathering, scoping, building and testing and implementation. You will be responsible for ongoing testing and maintenance alongside technology partners
- Planning – support the AVP, Engineering on the planning process in conjunction with Strategic Planning and Financial Planning by developing analytics and resource views and plans
What you will bring
- College Diploma / University Degree with 6 – 9 years relevant experience in workforce/vendor management
- Expert in Workforce Application ecosystems
- Strong working knowledge of workforce demand, agile and waterfall analysis, Ariba, database management and PowerBI
- Excellent leadership/motivational skills to lead a diverse multi-location team
- Ability to manage and improve efficiency in a large scale, highly complex operation with varying applications, processes and workflows
- Understanding of customer needs through various methods (industry trends, reviewing contacts, etc.) and identify solutions using data and insights gained through other means
- Effective communicator amongst varied audiences from entry level employees to senior levels in both written & verbal formats
- London, ON
- Toronto, ON
- Winnipeg, MB