At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join their Community Services I&IT Cluster, iAccess Solutions Branch!
- Provide technical expertise in all aspects of quality assurance, including application development and maintenance projects; selecting appropriate methodologies and tools; analyzing, designing and implementing UAT; and choosing resources for system and UAT teams
- Work with end-users to ensure software meets their requirements
- Identify and document problems arising during testing, track down root causes, and develop solutions
- Knowledge of and experience with n tier architecture in quality assurance, including, XML, Java, HTML5, Web services, SQL, JQuery, VB Script. CSS, Oracle, UNIX shellscript, WebSphere/WebLogic, UML, HPQC/JIRA , HP QTP and Performance Centre
- Knowledge and experience with development and support of n tier web-based applications and reporting technologies, I&IT architectures, programming languages and concepts, automation language and concepts, and database management systems
- Knowledge of QA practices including application unit, integration, functional, automation, regression, performance/load, system acceptance
- Knowledge of QA methods, tools, measurement, and standards in order to develop strategies, plans, scenarios and provide QA expertise and advice to project and other staff
- Knowledge of business and systems analysis techniques to analyse business requirements and system and automation testing needs and create testing plans and cases to ensure compliance with business requirements
- Knowledge of emerging trends and technologies in the QA, system testing, automation and regression testing, and user acceptance testing field to identify and evaluate technologies that have potential value to the enterprise and develop recommendations
- Knowledge of accepted application quality assurance process, methodology and tools, quality assurance testing and implementation methods and practices to design and coordinate testing procedures, and to coordinate acceptance testing and consolidation with clients
- Knowledge and experience in the application of I&IT QA and testing roles into the complete system development lifecycle (SDLC), including design, development and delivery cycle of solutions to meet business needs
- Knowledge of industry standard Test Management Tools and of Automated Testing processes
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze and assess test results against pre-defined acceptance criteria and recommend acceptance, rejection or retesting of applications.
- You have written communication skills to develop specifications, test plans, scenarios, scripts, criteria, technical documentation and other business documents.
- You can communicate system and technical information with non-technical staff.
- You can work effectively with staff and clients to discuss test results and issues and develop solutions.
- Toronto, ON
- $1,391.47 – $1,778.38 Per Week