At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Programmer Analyst who will work in a dynamic environment developing modern applications, integrating multiple systems, and implementing projects and solutions across their Firm. The successful candidate will play a key role in the Development Life Cycle for various-scale projects spanning multiple platforms or solutions, consisting of complex conversions, integration, and new development.
- Translating user requirements into solution design and architecture for the development and implementation of business technology solutions using agile/sprint approaches in a low code development platform.
- Conducting design and code reviews throughout the Development Life Cycle of projects and applications to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT standards, business needs and quality software delivery practices.
- Ensuring that all solution unit, integration, system testing and change management is conducted and documented.
- Implementing, integrating, configuring, upgrading and optimizing 3rd party applications, working with multiple vendors.
- Ensuring management is informed of progress, status and issues of development, support and delivery activities.
- Applying and following industry standards and beyond regarding IT Security for our apps and projects.
- Researching, analyzing, and planning new functionalities to make businesses processes more efficient and beneficial to end users.
- Integrating in-house and 3rd party solutions, internally or externally.
- Maintaining industry knowledge on technology/business solutions and future trends.
- Ensuring solutions comply with application support requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience in development, technology and applications.
- Low Code development platform experience (Outsystems, PowerApps, IntApp Flow, K2).
- Previous working experience with SDLC methodologies – including agile/sprint processes.
- Knowledge of SQL/OQL Scripting, PowerShell, System Integration.
- Comfortable working with On Premise, Cloud and Hybrid Systems.
- Familiarity with MS Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, PowerBI, O365, IIS, Apache.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and processes, at a moment’s notice.
- Excellent hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with legal software (Elite 3E, iManage Document Management, Interaction, IntApp Suite) considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL Server including experience with MS SQL Reporting and Database Administration considered an asset
- Remote – Canada