At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Product Security Sr Specialist who will;
- Work closely with the Cloud Architecture teams to ensure adherence to the defined security, risk and governance needs
- Analyze security test results with applicability to target environments
- Ability to understand the risks and security issues associated with infrastructure (such as servers, networks and storage) and able to clearly articulate them to business users and technical personnel.
- Conduct and/or manage vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and compliance audits of IT operations, application systems and infrastructure
- Contribute to hands-on coding, design, test and architecture to deliver best solutions to our customers
- Collaborate in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from various lines of businesses within the company.
- Assess new technology, tool and infrastructure to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- Embrace lean and agile software development principles
Who you are
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Knowledge in software security (authentication mechanisms, cryptography, security breaches…)
- Basic IT security knowledge (system and network security, firewalls, IPS, Proxies)
- Experience with products for networking analyses and scanning (e.g. Nmap, Wireshark Zap, BurpSuite, ….) is a plus
- Prior experience with AWS/Azure/GCP is preferred but not mandatory