At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Product Manager (9 month contract) for user profiles and privacy who can help shape the way customers interact with their products and services. As the Product Manager you will report to the Director, Product Management and be a key contributor on the team. The ideal candidate has experience working on technical products, with authentication, personalization and/or privacy experience and is passionate about doing right by our customers. This role is a contract role covering a maternity leave in our product team.
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for a product that is used by multiple devices and platforms
- Write high-level requirements and work with business stakeholders to agree on the scope of an initiative related to your product
- Define the product’s roadmap and maintain a prioritized backlog for your product.
- Collaborate with R&D and UX teams: lead workshops, research, plan, refine requirements, write user stories, validate on completed work
- Monitor, analyze and report on the performance of your product
- Communicate the status of current initiatives and keep teams informed of progress
- Review research, customer feedback channels, and product analytics, seeking problems to solve for users and opportunities to improve your product.
- 2+ years experience working in a Product role, authentication or privacy experience in the eCommerce space a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to convey insights from complex analysis to non-technical business users at varying levels of quantitative familiarity
- Technical experience and curiosity with the ability to demonstrate the importance and impact of technical work to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with identifying product iterations based on data from customers, feedback from testing and strategic initiatives
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Outstanding organizational skills, self-motivated, creative problem solver with a high attention to detail
- Dedication to continual self-improvement and learning
- A love of reading, obviously
- Toronto, ON