At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources, and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client's mission is to connect people all over the world to the live events they like. They are looking to hire a Product Manager.
As a Product Manager, you'll contribute to the development of the next generation of social ticketing. You will work directly with our Engineering, Design, and Business Development teams to be the customer's voice, understanding their demands and turning them into next-generation solutions that our customers and clients will enjoy. You'll achieve this by having a can-do mentality, paying close attention to detail, and working to build and iterate our platform in order to take it to the next level.
As a Product Manager, you will help to define the next generation of social ticketing. Working closely with our Engineering, Design, and Business Development teams, you will help to be the voice of the customer, understanding their needs and translating those needs into next-generation products for our customers and clients to love. You’ll accomplish this with a get-it-done attitude, sharp attention to detail, and you’ll work to evolve and iterate our platform helping to bring it to the next level.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Determine and prioritize customer and client wants and needs utilizing market and user research techniques
- Work cross-functionally with BD, Marketing, Design, Engineering, and Support to deepen understanding of customer, client, and team needs/areas of improvement
- Lead product discovery engagements by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data points to make sure we’re solving the right problem
- Define and oversee product feature creation, with a focus on MVP development and future iteration planning
- Be a key contributor to the build phase by ensuring the product meets and exceeds the quality and methodologies that make our product a leader in the space
- Work and collaborate with your squad to plan spirits, run story acceptance meetings, and monitor progress to move projects forward
- Measure, analyze, and report on product metrics to help grow, innovate, and improve
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- 3+ years’ of work experience in a product management or similar role
- Experience working in ticketing and/or the events industry is a bonus
- Experience using JIRA, ZenHub, Pivotal Tracker, or other Agile product development platforms
- Experience working in ticketing and/or the events industry is an asset, but not required
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, technical aptitude and experience with data-driven decision making
- Skilled at working effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Solid sense of customer empathy and a passion for building quality products
- Experience working in a start-up or a marketplace environment
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position, subject to legally entitled accommodations