At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Product Designer to conceptualize, validate, and ultimately deliver design solutions to the opportunities they have. You will also evaluate existing patterns, conceptualize divergent ideas around features for their unique use cases, validate and narrow down on single concepts, and coordinate with other engineering teams to consider how introducing features will affect their areas of the experience.
- Lead the creation of delightful user-centered experiences leveraging a solid design process.
- Conduct user research and communicate findings to your product squad.
- Champion UX best practices to ensure we’re all making informed design decisions together.
- Work with product squads to craft design solutions that solve user problems and impact business objectives.
- Lead design discussions and present alternative solutions based on your understanding of user and business needs.
- Request feedback from Design Team members, and other teammates around the company through asynchronous or synchronous communication.
- Collaborate and share work early and often. Create interactive prototypes or provide links to assets with your teams for feedback.
- Deliver high quality, complete designs, and specifications for projects alongside PMs and engineers.
- Adhere to established design patterns, or help to build upon and deliver improvements to existing patterns.
- You have 2-4 years experience designing digital products and systems for a significant user base. You have a strong understanding of the product development and user-centered process, from discovery and shaping to detailed product design work.
- You understand when to use qualitative or quantitative methods and know how to translate research syntheses into actionable plans. You communicate what you learn with your team, work with team mates to iterate on solutions and measure the success of your work.
- You effectively manage your own workload, create plans with cross-functional team mates and escalate project risks.
- You're a skilled written communicator. This is 100% remote so concise documentation and compelling storytelling are crucial to communicating design work and collaborating with your team mates.
- You have experience with business and/or technical products. You understand general engineering concepts, APIs, bugs/troubleshooting, etc.
- You believe collaboration is critical to success. You collaborate with designers and cross functional partners to achieve the best results and get alignment on the team’s direction.
- You are a skilled interaction designer. You design high quality, end-to-end experiences that bring clarity to complex problems. You know how to leverage design systems and partner with engineers to ship experiences that are usable and aesthetically pleasing.
- Remote – North America
This company has a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. Please answer the following questions in your application:
- Please provide your LinkedIn profile
- Please provide the link to your portfolio
- Have you built design experiences for a software product?
- Tell us about a time where you directed research that influenced business or roadmap strategy. How did you make it happen?
- What country will you be working from?
- Are you legally authorized to work in that country?