Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in. We are looking for a Community Manager to join our dynamic Customer Experience team. We are building a global network and want to bring on an outgoing professional with a take-charge attitude, hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our who will adopt and manage our existing programs to strategize, onboard, engage and expand Obsidi community footprint.
This is a ground-level opportunity to play a critical role on our Obsidi platform. As our Community Manager, you’ll be an integral part of managing communications in online communities, collaborating with targeted communities of practice, and leveraging advanced data and analytics tools to report on engagement and sentiment levels to optimize ideal user and organizational outcomes.
Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive community of people who are all striving for excellence. With an attentive Senior Leadership Team, you’ll feel valued, heard, and recognized at every stage in your workflow. In addition, there are ongoing development opportunities for you to grow as a professional and reach new levels.
We are looking for someone who embodies the following:
- Knowledgeable in community management methodologies, best practices, and techniques.
- Passion for and experience with social technologies
- Strong project management skills including an ability to manage cross-functional deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to work independently as the voice of the company, while dealing with a wide variety of situations ranging from questions to customer support issues.
- 3-5 years experience of online community management
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Data Analytic software
- Strong understanding of SAAS business model and tools including marketing tools (email marketing, reporting, community platforms)
- Proficient conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience with compiling and following strict budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take risks, be creative, and champion the community members' needs
– 1-week company closure in November to re-energize after BFUTR Summit
– 2-week office closure for December holidays
– 3 weeks paid vacation
– $500 – $750 Lifestyle spending account
– 2 paid mental health days
– 5 paid bereavement days
– Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
– Extensive Health Benefits
– Flexible work hours
– Hybrid role (work from anywhere in North America)
– Group retirement savings and employer-matched RRSP contributions
– Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit: duration of 20 weeks, top-up 80% of base salary.