Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Winter 2023 Student Opportunities, Network Analyst, Technology & Operations
What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Network Analyst Student? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RBC Technology & Operations. Some exciting types of roles you'll be considered for are:
- Global Integration Network Services
- Global Communication Services
- Global Engineering
What will you do?
- Maintain operational knowledge and technical expertise of the many network technologies, including routing, switching, and IPT, as well as security and application delivery technologies, including firewalls, load balancing, and proxy
- Ensure network management tools are updated with incoming/outgoing devices to ensure appropriate surveillance is in place
- Work collaboratively with other RBC Global technology support teams to effectively support our clients
- Ensure processes are established to provide maximum availability and superior service to all clients
- Support the introduction of new hardware/technologies in production environment, as required
- Lead network incident management activities ensuring restoration is in line with established agreements
- Ensure service management tickets are updated to reflect current state
What do you need to succeed?
Currently enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus on computer science, technology, or engineering
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of network communications concepts, as well as IT Standards and Methodologies, such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library
- Experience with incident and change management tracking and reporting
- Familiarity with network infrastructure – e.g.: Cisco, routers, switches, F5 load balancers, Paolo Alto Firewalls, Nokia Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco ONS, Fortinet VPA infrastructure
- Ability to use troubleshooting tools like Telecom Capacity Management Suite (i.e., eHealth, Live Health, Ngenius), and network management tools, such as Ciscoworks, ACS, Omnipeek, Netscout, Afmon/Infistream, Gigavue
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)