The Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN) is bridging the network gap between Black talent and career opportunities across North America. We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers.
Our client has been recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition. They are a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
We are currently seeking a .Net Developer (C#). The successful candidate will be responsible for building .NET applications and microservices APIs (using .NET, .NET Core, Angular, etc.).This individual will also work with Business product owners to come up with efficient solutions to streamline the business processes and will deliver on requirements for new and existing solutions. This role will help to continuously improve tooling and processes and will participate in peer reviews/QA.
The Software Developer’s primary responsibility will be to design and develop our .NET and web applications, and to coordinate with the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. We may require you to work nights, weekends, or holidays on a rotational basis to ensure 24×7 coverage. This position will have flexibility with remote/in-office presence or scheduling as needed.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be a part of a team of developers to design and program high-performance, scalable multi-tiered applications and database solutions
- Recommend and implement system designs based on long-term IT organization strategy
- Work closely with business and systems analysts, and QA to develop alternative solutions to meet business needs
- Analyze production system problems and recommend solutions
- Investigate and solve production problems with minimal guidance
- Research and recommend technologies to the team and management to help keep our tech stack up to date
- Mentor junior team members in good coding practices and new technologies
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience with Microsoft .NET Framework / .NET CORE
- At least 3 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL
- Experience creating backend .Net web services (RESTful APIs) development using C#
- Understanding of functional and object-oriented programming concepts
- A mentality of striving to achieve releases early and adding additional functionality to the releases or pushing code early.
- Highly motivated team player as well as a strong individual contributor
- Effective verbal and written communications, with an ability to effectively convey information, concepts, and ideas to others
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field