– Savvy, confident and bold?
– Passionate about empowering Black tech professionals?
– Looking for the opportunity to work at a company with an exciting and supportive culture?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then stop your job search right now because this role is
Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in. We are looking for a Multimedia Designer to join our dynamic Marketing and Communications team on a 4 month contract We are building a global network and want to bring on a Multimedia Design professional with the brains, hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our design efforts. This is a ground-level opportunity to play a critical role in BPTN’s
Marketing. As our Multimedia Designer, you’ll be an integral part. Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive community of
people who are all striving for excellence. With an attentive Senior Leadership Team, you’ll feel valued, heard, and recognized at every stage in your workflow. In addition, there are ongoing development opportunities for you to grow as a professional and reach new levels.
You will succeed because you are inspired by our mission to provide black professionals in tech access to a strong peer network, senior executive sponsorship, and skill-building to support their development.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
- Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
- Creates updates to WordPress Site
- Design responsive emails and create e-mail designs.
- Creates and updates assets for social media and videos
- Design and create landing pages
- Create presentation assets such as decks and animated prototypes
- Updates and creative for a large platform presentation and stage backgrounds
- Manage workload, provide deadlines and distribute the workload
- Coach junior designers and provide feedback and approvals for designs
- Assist in analyzing project briefs and providing creative timelines.
- Creates landing pages and provides updates to the website.
- Updates and creates assets for live events
Bachelor’s degree or diploma in multimedia design or related field of study.
We are looking for someone who embodies the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in either a SaaS, or tech environment.
- Experience in B2B SaaS platforms
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on Photoshop.
- Experience using WordPress
- Experienced in motion and video designing
- Comfortable with project management frames works
- Understanding of design and user experience, including layout, typography, colour theory, visual hierarchy, and deep knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision and prototyping tools.
- Experience conducting research / partnering with user researchers.
Why You should Work at Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN):
If you’re looking for a work environment where you can grow and develop both personally and professionally while delivering value to others, then BPTN is the place to be!
At BPTN, we are all about community. Not only do we work hard to empower Black tech professionals, but we work together to support each other in all that we do. We are motivated by something bigger than ourselves, namely our mission to push the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black tech
professionals to gather, grow and evolve. With an inspirational team and a solid list of goals, your career at BPTN will be fun, challenging, and rewarding. Plus, we’ve got a pretty sweet benefits package!
– 1-week company closure in November to re-energize after BFUTR Summit
– 2-week office closure for December holidays
– 3 weeks paid vacation
– $500 Lifestyle spending account
– 2 paid mental health days
– 5 paid bereavement days
– Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
– Extensive Health Benefits
– Flexible work hours
– Hybrid role (work from anywhere in North America)
– Group retirement savings and employer-matched RRSP contributions
– Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit: duration of 20 weeks, top-up 80% of
At BPTN, we embrace differences. We’ve created a safe space where all voices are equal because
beautiful things happen when everyone feels like they’re part of the team. We’re committed to openness,
curiosity, and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and
generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion,
colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.