Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in. We are looking for a Tech-Ops Manager to join our dynamic Engineering team. We are building a global network and want to bring on a management professional with the hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our Technical Operations process.
This is an amazing opportunity to play a critical role at BPTN. As our Manager of Technical Operations, you will ensure that our client facing and internal applications are supported, maintained and installed correctly. As the need arises, this role will require you to work in-office and remotely. The role involves both support work as well as working on internal implementation projects. The Manager of Technical Operations will help us run our services, to act as the vital first line of defense/response for all operations. We have unique problems, interesting technologies, and good tooling to help you maintain the level of service our stakeholders expect. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Operations, Engineering, Product Strategy, Customer Experience, Sales Department and various internal and external stakeholders across the company to understand the needs of Black Professionals and build a strategic roadmap. Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive community of people who are all striving for excellence. With an attentive Senior Leadership Team, you’ll feel valued, heard, and recognized at every stage in your workflow. In addition, there are ongoing development opportunities for you to grow as a professional and reach new levels.
- Manage the budget and expenditures for the administration of virtual/physical work environments.
- Handles all virtual/physical facilities management.
- Ensures that change management is smooth, and key stakeholders are aligned.
- Identify potential improvements and/or special projects and develop an action plan for their execution.
- Works with the Hiring and Talent teams to ensure seamless onboarding experience and early support for new hires.
- Makes the virtual/physical work environment a welcoming space, helping to retain talent.
- Maintains inventory of virtual/physical office equipment.
- Primary liaison with external virtual/physical operations vendors.
- Mentoring, training, auditing, and supporting internal and external teams, ensuring they can operate our virtual/physical systems effectively and accurately.
- Holding responsibility for our operational SLAs during your watch, and properly analyzing and escalating incidents to the proper teams
- Providing escalation support, oversight, and insights to the rest of the product team
- Handle incoming incidents, change requests, problems and in-depth root cause analyses
- Drive management and delivery of technology roadmaps across TechOps.
- Manage team internal and external interdependencies, resolving team level blockers and dependencies.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
•3 years’ experience leading operations in a digital or technology organization with 100+ staff, or equivalent degree or work experience.
•A minimum of 4 years of experience managing large scale technical initiatives with multiple stakeholders across Infrastructure, Operations, and / or Shared Services.
•Good Infrastructure and operations acumen with ability to identify risks and issues and areas that require additional technical SME support.
•Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
•Intermediate-level knowledge in: WordPress Administration, Hubspot/Salesforce, google suite
•Linux operations or similar technical foundation
•Triage, ticketing, and incident response
•Operating/using a monitoring solution
•Data manipulation and basic data analysis
•Configuring and managing Jira/Asana projects to track work
•Vendor Management and 3rd Party Integration planning
•Resource onboarding and offboarding implementation and tracking
•Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to work well with business and technical teams.
•Understanding of Enterprise Security and risk management (Strategic)
-1-week company closure in November to re-energize after BFUTR Summit
-2-week office closure for December holidays
-3 weeks paid vacation
-$500 –$750 Lifestyle spending account
-2 paid mental health days
-5 paid bereavement days
-Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
-Extensive Health Benefits
-Group retirement savings and employer-matched RRSP contributions
-Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit: duration of 20 weeks, top-up 80% of base salary.